Words My Mama Told Me
Friday, March 4 | 6:30 pm
MC: Page Hill, Story teller extraordinaire!
• JSAAHC Members Free
• Non-members $5
• Sign up to become a member at the door and get in free!
In honor of Women’s history month.
Story Slam will make you cry, laugh, and want to hug the person next to you! Celebrate the spoken word and our sense of connectedness. Story Slam winners move on to the next round and come together in the final Slamma Jamma!
Official Rules for the Heritage Center Story Slam are as follows:
• Storytellers register upon arrival—please try to arrive promptly at 6:30 if you want to tell your story. Names are usually drawn at random to decide order of presentation.
• Stories should fit into the theme of the night! (Check Schedule)
• Stories should be true as you remember it!
• Stories should be under five minutes in length! Six minutes and you hear a whistle—eight minutes and you get the hook.
• No Notes, No Props, No Music!
Three judges are selected from the audience.
• Each storyteller is given a score on a scale of 1-10 on the following criteria: sticking to the theme, sticking to the five minutes and audience response. The storyteller with the highest score wins, and is given a spot in the final slam off!
April 1: April Fools