Submit exhibition proposals
The Jefferson School African American Heritage Center’s annual contemporary art exhibition season runs from January through December and consists of 4 exhibitions featuring the work of local, national and international emerging and established artists from the African Diaspora. We also accept proposals for work that features African Diaspora culture. Artists working in all mediums (including–but not limited to–video and film, new media, installation, painting, social practice, sculpture and performance), as well as curators, are encouraged to submit exhibition proposals.
In order for the artist to submit their work for curatorial review the artist must submit examples of their work in the following format:
- Up to fifteen (15) digital files may be submitted for consideration.
- The digital files must be in JPEG or TIFF format and high resolution (300 DPI with a maximum largest dimension of 10″)
- Links to your website are NOT acceptable unless the Internet is part of your practice
- For video work: submit up to five videos no longer than 3 minutes in length. Work will be accepted via Hightail, formerly YouSendIt, link to a personal website, or Vimeo
- Work description sheet including title, year, materials, scale, etc.
- Artist Statement including full contact information: must include full name, email, phone, address (PDF format only please)
- Proposals for new work will be accepted
- Artist resume